One of my daughter’s friends, Anya, has been bravely battling leukemia for the past year. She still has at least two more years of treatments, including chemo, to go. I am constantly in awe of this little kindergartener’s strength, as well as the positive attitude this super hero and her family maintain.
Anya will be featured for the month of January with Go Shout Love, an organization developed to raise funds for families and children coping with a serious illness. They will be rolling out her story on their website soon, as well as unveiling t-shirts for sale to benefit Anya.
Additionally, they will be having an auction on January 23rd and 24th on their Instagram page here. All of the proceeds from that will go to Anya and her family.
There are a couple of ways that you can help:
- You can share this post, the Go Shout Love website, and/or Anya’s Facebook page and You Caring page. This is a quick and easy way to get the word out and it costs nothing but a few moments of your time.
- You can purchase a t- shirt through Go Shout Love when they come out. I will make a link for that when available.
- You can make a donation to the family through their You Caring page.
- You can donate something for the auction at the end of January. Instructions for how to do this are on the Go Shout Love website under “give.” The kiddo and I will each be donating an original piece of art for auction. They will be made with much more love than skill, but if Anya is brave enough to face what she faces, I can be brave enough to put a little of myself out there!
- You can participate in the Go Shout Love Instagram auction and possibly purchase something. It will be taking place January 23rd and 24th.
- You can keep Anya and her family in your thoughts and prayers.
I will keep you posted during the coming month!