Today is one of those days that I feel the pressure of too much to do and not enough time. On top of that, I feel like I have to shift gears so much I can’t keep anything straight.
I’m still at my office as I write this, taking a mental break for a second. But today, I have been many things:
Clinical Supervisor– I started my day with one of my supervisees. Case reviews.
Therapist– Followed up with therapy with an actual client. Great session.
Internet provider wannabe– then on to trying to solve the problem of the malfunctioning internet in the building next door. No answers.
Manager– fielding questions and calls from clients, therapists, etc, sending emails, answering my phone.
IT person– Still trying to sort out changes due to the ICD-10 in our computer systems. One problem is fixed- 4 more start.
Things still left to do tonight:
- Hug and snuggle my kiddo and read her a book before tucking her in.
- Eat dinner
- Make a Daisy Head Mayzie costume for said kiddo to wear to school tomorrow.
- Hot glue tulle on kiddo’s tiny witch hat to make it “fancier” for her costume tomorrow night (Trunk or Treat at school) and Saturday night (Halloween).
Things I probably won’t get to tonight:
- Make Star Wars Rebels dress for best friend’s daughter’s birthday. (There is a complete lack of wardrobe options having the girl characters from that cartoon. Shameful).
- Research new project at work.
- Read for pleasure
- Finally watch Sunday’s Walking Dead episode that has already been moderately spoiled for me just due to social media exposure- but seriously people- I have NO TIME!!!
And while I don’t believe it’s an omen or anything, I think it is hilarious that my Joy Funko Pop figure has been falling down on her head all day- no matter how many times I put her back up. She has never done that before. I’m sure it’s nothing….
Now- back to work….